Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Otho the Great is Great-tastic!


notes on 'Otho': so illuminating (not)

tuesday, march 30

In other news, the bagger at Ralph's implied that I was shoplifting milk and toilet paper because I took them off the conveyor belt (after the clerk checked them) because I did not want the plastic-squandering bagger to put them in said non-biodegradable receptacles. Luckily the friendly clerk straightened things out right away or I might have been writing this from the Irvine city jail!

I mean, seriously, I am paying over 40 dollars for all this other stuff but I am going to steal toilet paper and milk. Way to go, bag sheriff.

In 'Otho' news: I have finished the play but unfortunately cannot report what happens because I frankly have no idea what is going on here. Spoiler alert: someone appears to die from his own insanity or possibly from having stabbed himself at the end. And there's definitely some conniving going on. But as to exactly what remains unclear, which is sad as I realized (as I kept getting deja vu) that I have actually read this play before. Maybe the third time. Strangely, in other Otho news, Otho's attitude toward Ethelbert the abbot seems slightly manic-depressive. It's like, do you like him or don't you? Seriously.

Thank you. I have to go shoplift a cucumber from Ralph's.

No comments:

Post a Comment